Sunday, August 2, 2009

If you're happy and you know it ...

... then you should definitely clap your hands. Baby boy has had a development boom this weekend. In one day he decided to start eating biter biscuits without choking, log roll all over the room and clap his hands. The clapping is too cute. And it's true what they say about babies learning a new skill and then wanting to do it all the time. He woke up this morning clapping. His eyes weren't even open yet and he was clapping away. He claps while he eats, he claps while he nurses, he is an all around clapping pro. 

And here's something to clap about - I have started Weight Watchers. Breastfeeding seems to have lost its magical weight loss powers, so now I actually have to work at it. I get a bunch of points since I am nursing which is one more reason to nurse forever! Well, at least for another year. So, hopefully the beach I will be feeling less like a whale and more like say, a manatee. At least I know Theo will be clapping for me!

1 comment:

  1. Micah seems to not care so much on the clapping front. He's starting to get the high five concept though, and I THINK he's trying to say bye bye. It's cute.

    Baby development is so fun, they do the same things in about the same time frame and about the same order, but different enough to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete