Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas in Suffolk!


We had a very Merry Christmas in Suffolk! Theo was spoiled rotten and finally got into opening presents. He got a bunch of puzzles, some books, a wooden fire truck, a dog that he can pull, a soccer ball, pancake molds in jungle faces and this car (in green). Susan and I got a bunch of wonderful things, including a new dSLR camera! Susan's parents were very generous and bought us a Nikon D3000, and it's the nicest camera we've ever owned. We have had such a good time with it, taking all kinds of pictures. I can't wait to get Theo out in the natural light and take some good ones. I also very much enjoy my great BIG bottle of Tide. Seems silly, but it was on my list! Tide is pretty expensive and keeping Theo in organic groceries means we have to go cheap on the detergent - but I looove how it smells. Hey, at least I am very easy to please!

More than gifts, we had a wonderful time with the family. Theo played with his cousins, Susan enjoyed time with her parents and I enjoyed visiting with my sisters-in-law and in-laws. I got very lucky in the in-law department and always enjoy coming to visit.

Theo is walking full time now and is beginning to try and run. He has had a fun time walking all over his Gran and Grandad's house, playing with their dog and trying out new foods like broccoli casserole (which he loved).

We head home tomorrow and are looking forward to one last little Christmas celebration with my parents, niece and grandma next weekend. Then we are looking forward to getting our life back to normal, applying for preschools for next fall (!!) and transitioning Theo to one nap a day.

Hope your Christmas was as merry as ours!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! I think you will LOVE your new Nikon...and you are right: natural light is best! Can't wait to see what kind of good pics you get!!

    ReplyDelete