Monday, March 7, 2011

Totally random thoughts.

1. Susan and Theo are away for the night. I miss them. Even though I didn't have to cook dinner and it's much easier to put only one kid to bed.
2. We don't let our kids watch TV until they are two. At all.
3. Today I turned on Oprah FOR Lucy just so I could get a few things done. She loves Oprah.
4. Supposedly I am doing Weight Watchers, but I had Chinese take out for dinner with a piece of red velvet cake for dessert.
5. I did at least walk to the place to get my dinner, does that make it less lame?
6. I threw out the rest of the cake I didn't eat.
7. Chocolate covered Peeps are really good.
8. We have a real problem with people parking on the street in our 'hood, in spite of it being against the HOA rules. Now they have put up red "tow away zone" signs. I think all the cars were less ugly.
9. When you become a mom, you become invisible to a lot of people, I have discovered.
10. I recently found a cross stitch that I started when I was pregnant with Theo. It was his initials with monkeys and I was going to make a pillow with it for his nursery. He no longer has a nursery and his big boy room is monsters, so I guess I'm not finishing that one.
11. My mom has a needlepoint she started when she was pregnant with me but never finished. Must be genetic.
12. I love to start new projects, but finishing them is always a problem.
13. I paid off my car with my tax return, two years early. I got the title in the mail last week. I want to frame it.
14. I'm already researching my next car.
15. I won't be buying a new car for a long time. I'm going to enjoy having no payment.
16. I'm neurotic about carseat safety. When I see chest clips too low or straps too loose, I start twitching.
17. In Raleigh, Jeopardy comes on before Wheel of Fortune. True story.
18. I wish we lived in Charlottesville.
19. We'll never move, because our job situation is perfect.
20. I really don't want to send the kids to public school. I think this makes me a bad social worker.
21. I'm glad we can have more kids without using my body. Lucy's pregnancy and delivery was pretty traumatizing.
22. I think I have post partum anxiety and pretty sure I had it with Theo, too. Or, I am just a nervous mother.
23. I love decorating kids' rooms.
24. I've already picked bedding for Lucy's big girl bed and the girl has never even slept one night in her crib yet.
25. 25 seems like a good number to end on and I really should be stuffing diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment