Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas in Richmond.

whitfords by MelissaandSusan
whitfords, a photo by MelissaandSusan on Flickr.

This past weekend, we did Richmond Christmas, which we started last year. As we have grown and started our own families, it becomes harder to balance visiting grandparents with the kids wanting to be at their own house for Christmas and us wanting to start our own traditions. Thus, Richmond Christmas was born. We pick a weekend that works for everyone and decend upon my parents' house for all the festivities. Last year it felt so much like actual Christmas, I couldn't figure out why carols were still on the radio the next day!

We had a good time, only it would have been better with Susan who was holding down the hospital, as usual. Theo had a great time with his cousins and Lucy let me know she is still not ready for other people in her space. We saw Santa, ate out for pizza and pancakes (Theo's faves), watched Christmas movies and the kids got spoiled with gifts. Theo is still talking about his cousins. He also surprised me by sleeping very nicely on an Aerobed like a big boy. He's so flexible and easy going, I just enjoyed him so much on this trip. My little buddy.

A very good time was had by all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if this is weird, but can I just say that your mom is gorgeous?! Kids are pretty cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think so too and hope I age as well. :)

    ReplyDelete