Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Legendary Santa.

DSC_0025 by MelissaandSusan
DSC_0025, a photo by MelissaandSusan on Flickr.

Well, it was "legendary" all right! When I was a kid, this guy was known as "the real Santa" or "Miller and Rhodes Santa." He's a big deal. So big, we got tickets to see him instead of camping out at 7am like others we saw. This required 11 people to be fed, dressed and out the door by 7:10am (yes, we actually did it).

Anyway, the kids got to see him come down the chimney, they met the Snow Queen and Santa called them over by name and thanked them from coming all the way from NC to see him. Magic. Theo actually did enjoy himself, in spite of this picture. Lucy reacted pretty much how I thought she would.

It was still fun and magical, as I always enjoy doing something with my kids that I did when I was little. And I swear, this is the same guy after all these years. Santa really is magic, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment