Sunday, March 18, 2012

On social work.

I heard a song on the radio this morning (the stations play Christian music on Sunday mornings. Hello, south.) that made me think of being a social worker. I'm sure it was really about Jesus, but since that isn't my bag, I attributed it to my career. (I know, right?)

"Break my heart 'til it moves my hands and feet."

That's why I love being a social worker so much. I'm not just feeling sad, but I am able to do something to make peoples' lives better. Every day that is a work day for me, I am so thankful for my job. This balance of being a mama and being a social worker is so perfect. I'm so lucky have a part time job that allows me to stay in the field I love and be with my kids most of the time. More than anything, I want my kids to grow up knowing life is greater than themselves. To see needs in others first and to do their part to meet them. I hope having two social workers as parents will teach them that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment