Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Apple picking (for real this time)!

FINALLY we went apple picking and were successful. The past several years have been a bust, but this year we decided to go to Virginia and meet up with my dear friend, Jenny and her kids at Carter's Mountain. We combined this with an already planned trip to Richmond to celebrate all the fall birthdays and we had a great time. Though, as it turns out, apple picking is kind of hard. And muddy. And smelly. I think next time I will just go for the hayride and apple cider donut and skip apple picking. Ha! The kids had so much fun and I always love getting them together with Noah and Mallory. I wish more than anything that they were growing up near each other. I miss Jenny and Charlottesville and my other friends there a lot and am always sad after a visit. Ultimately, our jobs will keep us here and having the kids home with us and not in daycare is worth more than anything. So, we aren't moving. But, that doesn't mean I don't think about it all the time!

Anyway, here are some pictures from their time on the mountain and with their cousins, including their new cousin, Shelby.

Lucy being Lucy:












No comments:

Post a Comment