Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Weight loss update.

I'm still stuck in a sling, but haven't done a weight loss update in awhile. I am officially down 17 pounds and a size or two, depending on the brand. I'm still losing, even though I've been prohibited from exercising for the last 5 weeks. It's slow, but steady progress and as long as the scale keeps moving, I am fine with slow. The time is going to pass anyway. And Susan has lost 18 pounds! We are putting a lot less strain on our mattress, ha.

I get asked a lot, "what are you doing? which program?" Often I get a perplexed look when I tell them no program. Just eating less, moving more and drinking more water. If I want pizza, I eat pizza. But maybe two slices instead of four. A donut instead of three. Trying not to drink calories (looking at you, Starbucks). Keeping 1200 calories a day in mind, but only as a guide. If I really want McDs for breakfast, I have it, but then I go light for lunch and dinner. That kind of thing.

There are a lot of popular programs out there right now and I know many of them are great with really good health benefits. For ME, I am not a program girl. For one, I don't have time. I know, people always say that. And you totally do make time for what's important. So, I guess it's not that important to me. I also need something that's sustainable. I could, but don't want to, participate in something that eliminates things from my world. I like eating. I like apple cider donuts in fall and ice cream in summer. I love pancakes. Fries? Please. I can't live in a world without fries. Well, I don't want to. I know I could do something like that or Weight Watchers or whatever for a time, but I wouldn't stick with it forever. So, I needed to just find a way to live and have fun, but just eat less. You know that e-card going around FB about being a runner because you like to eat ice cream? Yeah, that's me. Balance. Earning it. Enjoying life. Not making food the end all and be all every day. Some days we do great and eat really well and other days, well, we don't. And that's fine. Life is hard and sometimes you need pizza just to make it to the next damn day.

I ordered a dress for my sister's wedding and it came yesterday. It's a bit slinky and  I was worried. I tried it on and for once in a long time was pleased with my reflection. I didn't feel like I'd be the fat mom at the wedding. That was nice. I have 13 pounds to go to hit the goal. I think Christmas is my time frame. It had been this wedding, but the surgery set me back. I should be cleared to exercise next Friday and then will probably restart The Shred, with modifications for my shoulder. Still in a rehab phase for 12 weeks post op. I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment