Sunday, November 15, 2009

Theo's 1st Birthday party!



Yesterday we celebrated our little boy's first year. I'd say it was a rousing success. Food was good, company was excellent and Theo was shown a lot of love which was the best part. He was spoiled and got lots of fun new toys to try out. He has spent all of today playing with his new stuff and he really loves it all. 

There were many cute moments, but probably my favorite was when he was opening gifts. The very last thing he opened was a ride on toy from his Aunt Sammy. After he opened it, his eyes got real big and he looked up and smiled and clapped. As if to say "oh, I always wanted this!" So funny.

Of course, since I was trying hard to be a mom and enjoy the party and soak it all in, I wasn't in charge of my camera. I have some good pictures, but not a single one of Susan and I with Theo. Hopefully we can get one tomorrow on his actual birthday. I also didn't get one of the place all decorated with the food and everything. We have a video, but not a still. Well, maybe next year.

I also have to give a big shout out to my friend, Jenny. When I decided to make Theo a monkey cake, I figured I could do it myself and it would come out okay but I knew with Jenny's help, it would be AWESOME. Not only did she make the effort to come all the way here from Charlottesville to celebrate with us, she drove after working all day and then stayed up with me until midnight to help me make the best darn birthday cake I have ever seen. She is a wonderful friend.

Tomorrow we are having just a small little family celebration and taking Theo to PF Chang's for dinner. I know, just what every one year old wants, right? Well, as some of you may remember (or will learn tomorrow when I post his birth story) orange chicken from PF Chang's was the very last thing I ate before I went into labor. It's only fitting that we go back there on the one year anniversary of our baby boy's birth. We will give him our presents to him and just spend the day loving on him, like usual. 

You can click on our Flickr stream over the on the right to see the pictures. We had so much fun and thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate. He is one loved little boy!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Theo!!!! Looks like you guys had a great celebration - how wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete