Thursday, May 19, 2011

Strawberry picking!




Every Spring, we find a strawberry patch and go pick a big bucket of berries. I did it as a kid and always loved it, so I especially love having kids of my own to take now. This year, we went to a new place, Vollmer Farms which specializes in organic strawberries. It was a cute place with stuff for the kids to play on, wagons to ride out to the patch in and homemade ice cream (the highlight for me!). The berries we really, really small, so it took a LONG time to fill a bucket. Theo had an absolute blast once he realized what to do. He would shout, "I see one! I see one!" and then excitedly fling it into the bucket, which led to a discussion of how to be gentle with our berries. Lucy sat in the field, played with some grass and just enjoyed being outside.

On the way home, he was quiet and then said "we did have so much fun in the country!" I should say we did.

Click the Flickr widget above to see more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment