Sunday, October 9, 2011

The last bottle.

DSC_0256 by MelissaandSusan
DSC_0256, a photo by MelissaandSusan on Flickr.

Last week, at 11 months and 2 weeks old, Lucy drank her last bottle. She gets expressed breastmilk while I am at work and that was the last bag. While I still pump at work (until she is a year), I don't pump near enough for bottles anymore. That pump just isn't as efficient as a nursing baby.

We actually tried to give her some whole milk in a sippy cup (something we never did with Theo) since she's a peanut, but she wouldn't drink it. So, we are just going to let her have water during the day on my three work days and continue nursing as usual the rest of the time.

What's funny is that I've never seen her drink a bottle until these pictures! She's only ever had one when I am working, so obviously I am not around. She's pretty cute the way she holds it.

I know Susan will miss giving her a bottle, but I will definitely NOT miss pumping. I practically have a paper chain counting down the days.

She's never had even a drop of formula. As with Theo, I am extremely proud of that.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Pumping for a year is insanely impressive, so kudos to you. I tried to give Fletcher milk for the same reason and he doesn't like it either, so. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Such an accomplishment. I, too, cannot wait to be done with pumping! :)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete