Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tomorrow's the day!

Tomorrow at 2:30, Mickey shall reveal him/herself to us. I can't wait to find out, but I mostly can't wait to see the baby again. This is our last ultrasound, so after tomorrow, our next chance at some face time is delivery day!

Many people have asked me what I am hoping for. I'm sure Susan gets asked this too. I know "a healthy baby" sounds trite, but really, we both work at a major hospital and have seen kids that are sicker than many can imagine. We've seen families destroyed by having a chronically ill child and have held families' hands when these children die. So, our perception is probably skewed, but we really, really, really just want a baby as healthy as Theo.

That aside, I'd love another boy. I really want Theo to have a brother since he won't have a dad and I have really loved having a son. I've loved it more than I ever thought I could. And, I'd also enjoy a daughter. There may be a few stray girl outfits around the house "just in case." I do have visions of ballet classes and hairbows and smocked dresses, like many mothers do. So, I guess you can say that I will be just tickled pink (or blue!) no matter what we find out tomorrow.

With Theo, I really wanted a girl. It took me a little while to come around to the idea of a boy. And roughly 4 seconds after he was born, I wouldn't have traded him for a million girls. As I learned by becoming a parent to my amazing son, you don't always get what you want, but you ALWAYS get what you need.

We'll report back tomorrow - oh yes, we have names and we will share!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear the news tomorrow!! I will be thinking of you guys :) I know how you felt with Theo -- I was the same way. I shed a single tear when I learned we were having a boy -- I had such high hopes for a girl -- but as soon as he was born, I couldn't imagine life without him, and have loved every minute! Good luck tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I know it doesn't seem that way to you, but to me this is flying by! I am really excited to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Can't wait to hear the news, especially the names! (Although I think I know your girl name...)

    ReplyDelete