Monday, May 24, 2010

Virginia visiting.

Theo and I took a little trip up to Virginia this weekend to visit with friends (and Gramma and Papa, too). It was a short trip, but so much fun. Saturday we saw Maddie play soccer ... well, mostly I chased Theo around and tried to keep him off the field. Theo played with Maddie's siblings and had fun running his little legs off. Then we went to the Baker's Crust for dinner, since I had been dreaming of their food for months, but we don't have one here.

Sunday we hung out with Gramma and Papa in the morning before we headed up to Charlottesville after lunch. Theo was brave enough to hang out with Gramma alone while I took a shower and even fell asleep on her lap in the rockers on the front porch, very cute. We had such a good time in Charlottesville! Jenny and I hung out with our little guys for a couple of hours before the rest showed up for dinner. I can't say enough how much I enjoyed spending time with people I miss so much and wish I lived closer to. Our fun is different now that we all have kids (well, almost all) but it's fun to see the kids play together. I was struck by how some of us parent similar and some different but no one ever gets judge-y about it. Just a room full of good parents, doing their best and a room full of great kids.

Jenny, Thistle and I are all pregnant and all due within 3 weeks of each other. It has been SO fun sharing this with them and comparing notes and war stories. I'm anxious to see if any of the babies will get to share a birthday since they are all due so close. Also, we all have boys now, so I can't wait to see the final tally of the new additions! Thistle is a hold out, Jenny knows but I don't want to say because I don't know if she has shared and we find out Friday. I only wish we lived closer so that we could see each other more and get the new babies together.

Theo did really well on the drive up and back. Napped, ate a snack and chattered to himself the whole way. Sleep was another issue, but we didn't have our usual day of transition when we got back. Went right in the crib tonight with not one issue. SO nice to get back to our routine. Oh, Theo learned to say "Papa" which he has said over and over today with a smile. I know that makes someone very happy!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys had a good time! I miss Virginia so much, especially when I think of all those babies born at the same time, and how much fun they would have together if we were still all local. Oh, well. Visits are great fun :)

    ReplyDelete