Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy birthday, baby boy.


Two weeks.

One year.

Two years.

Dear Theo,
Today you are two years old! I can't even believe it's already been two years since the day we finally met you after so long. You have gone from a sweet, snuggly newborn to a laughing, smart, funny, adorable and loving little boy. I am so incredibly lucky to be your mama. I always tell people that after years of taking care of lots of children, the universe saved the very best one just for me. You are talking in sentences, repeating EVERYTHING we say, running, climbing, playing pretend, working puzzles and you love going to school. I'm sorry you were sick for your birthday and we couldn't go out and do anything fun, but we tried to have fun at home. You had "panbakes" for breakfast and requested "oat-meow" for lunch, which Mom made you. Mama made you baked ziti for dinner and you ate more than we did! I spent the day looking at the clock and remembering where we were this time two years ago. It's all gone by so fast.

You are my best buddy and I couldn't love you more. We are better people and better parents because of you. People tell us all the time how happy you are and that makes us feel so good. We want nothing more than for you to walk through life happy and confident. We are lucky to have you as a son and Lucy is lucky to have such a good big brother.

You are my sunshine and I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

Love you, love you, love you.
Mama

1 comment: