Sunday, February 13, 2011

Food 'n stuff.

I am happy to share the flank steak marinade, as requested. I almost didn't, because I think it's one of my best meals and the one I'd probably serve you if you came over for dinner. But, I swiped it from someone else, so it's not exactly *mine* anyway. This is easily my favorite meal, I could eat it weekly.

1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced (I have one of those masher things)
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 small can of tomato juice

Put this all together in a gallon bag and toss in your flank steak. Marinate OVERNIGHT. Don't skimp on the marinating time, trust me. Grill it about 5 minutes each side, depending on how you like it. Slice really thin. Seriously. Good stuff.

I finally made the creamy chicken chili (recipe linked a few posts down). It was good and I would make it again. I made it into a crock pot meal, though, because that's like half the reason I even make chili. So, if you want to do that, here's what I did: I put the (raw) chicken in with the broth, spices, chilis, beans and onions on high for 4 hours. I then took the chicken out, shredded it and put it back in. Susan hates sour cream with a fiery passion, so I took some out for her, then removed it from the heat and mixed in the sour cream and half and half as per the recipe. Came out just fine.

Enjoy those and keep posting yours! My family thanks you, so we don't have to eat spaghetti 4 times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment