Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meal plan Monday (on Tuesday).

Finally getting this back on track. I didn't think it mattered, but who knew people actually read this thing?? (Hi, Katie!) And, I heard from another friend (Hi, Daisy!) that she linked to another friend's site (Hi, Kelsi!) (not a mutual friend) and got a recipe idea from her. So cool!

We've been hit by the plague. Theo got it first, then Susan and I and Lucy is still sick. So, we've been in survival mode - cereal, take out and whatever our wonderful parents who came in to rescue us were willing to cook. So, this is the first meal plan I've done in more than a week and most of it is just looking around the house for what we've got. Maybe next week I'll be up to the grocery store.

1. Frozen pizza
2. Flank steak (I have the BEST marinade recipe), mashed sweet potatoes, roasted asparagus
3. Meatloaf, rice, fresh broccoli
4. Creamy chicken chili (never got made)
5. Turkey burgers and waffle fries
6. Breakfast
7.Baked ziti (from the freezer)

2 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY you guys are starting to recover and get back to normal!! Do share you marinade recipe for the flank steak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! On the happy you're recovering and please share the recipe. You mention all of these dishes that sound soooo yummy - you've got to start posting some more recipes!! ;)

    We linked up to Kelsi's veggie lentil soup this past week (Thanks, Kelsi!!). :) I LOVE it! I will definitely be making it more often. The kids didn't really care for it (but Camden ate it anyway), but Ryan and I both really liked it. I liked it the best, and I think I might just make up a bunch to freeze in lunch-sized servings for myself to have some days. We'll still keep it in our dinner rotation. The boys will get used to it... ;)

    ReplyDelete