Monday, January 24, 2011

Meal plan Monday.

1. Baked ziti (from the freezer since I have to be out this evening)
2. Chicken soft tacos w/mexican rice and beans (leftover from last week since we didn't get to it)
3. Shake and Bake chicken w/mashed sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus
4. PW's Chicken spaghetti (half will go in the freezer for another night and using leftover chicken from the soft tacos)
5. PW's Penne a la Betsy (this is SO good and a splurge, but we have a GC to Whole Foods for the shrimp, plus I have some leftover wine from another dish)
7. Fend for yourself/leftovers

Does anyone else HATE meal planning like I do? Seriously, I hate it. I don't mind cooking at all, it's the planning, list making, shopping, putting away food that I hate. When we hit it big, we are SO hiring a cook.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    It's Katie Smith from grad school...bet you didn't know I'm a regular Hill Family Happenings reader! Just wanted to let you know that I share your hatred for meal planning and shopping, but this little tool has made it slightly easier for me: http://www.realsimple.com/static/pdfs/dinner-plan.pdf

    If you haven't tried many of Real Simple's recipes, I recommend them. Some are better than others, but almost all are quick and require few ingredients.

    I admire your dedication to cooking so often despite all the other demands for your attention!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. We make a weekly menu, too, but posting it on the blog might get me blogging more... Might mean all my posts are the menu, but hey! ;) More than what I'm doing now...

    I don't hate menu-planning...until it's suddenly time to plan the upcoming week's menu. Ha. Ryan will keep saying, ok, we've got to make the menu so one of us can go shopping....while I grunt about it and put it off. But I can't do without the menu. Our lives just do not go well with fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants cooking any night. I'm sure you get that. ;)

    We have a lot of repeats, though...almost each thing I cook needs to make at least two meals (even better if I can freeze a couple more for later!). I've lately discovered a Once a Month Cooking site and have made a couple things from there. Not enough time or space to do an entire month, but even a little bit helps.

    Ok, I'm going to post my menu now... I've been wanting to blog for a while, and even though this isn't what I meant to blog about, it's getting me on there, at least. ;)

    ReplyDelete