Friday, January 21, 2011

3 months.


This girl is 3 months old today! We have survived the fourth trimester. We had her three month old pictures taken on Tuesday and she even smiled for them. She smiles more now, but she also still cries a lot. She's not an easy baby, but we are hoping she will be an easy teenager since we've paid our dues now! She does get cuter by the day.

Eating:
She usually eats every 2-3 hours. Sometimes more, sometimes less. She does not starve in silence, that's for sure. On the two days I work, I leave 4 bottles with 4 ounces in each. Sometimes she has one leftover, sometimes Susan tells me to pull into the driveway on two wheels with my boob out and ready. Just depends. I pump twice a day at work and thanks to the Kindle, it's a lot less boring now. I'm really glad I only work two days a week because I HATE pumping. I also hate all the prep that goes into getting ready for a work day. Even with all the prep I do, it takes me 2.5 hours to get out the door in the morning. But, I digress. So yeah, all she eats is breastmilk. Still hasn't had a drop of formula. Yay, us.

Sleeping:
She was doing a wonderful job at night. The past few nights, she has switched things up. She still does really well for a 3 month old, but I kind of preferred the old schedule. She goes down between 7-7:30 and puts herself to sleep by watching the ceiling fan. She was sleeping until 2-3 and then eating and going back down until 5:30. This was great. Now she is waking around midnight and then anywhere from every 2-3 hours until I give up around 6. That sucks.

Milestones:
Uh, she found her hands. That's about it. Theo was already rolling over at this point, but LK really hates tummy time. And well, she hates life in general a lot of the time, so be damned if I am going to do something that will just make her scream. The ped isn't concerned about the lack of tummy time. She understands we are still in survival mode. I'm sure she'll roll over one day.

Likes (and these all depend on her mood):
- Theo
- her mobile
- her playmat
- being held
- the swing (I've gotten her to nap in here now, which is awesome)
- boobs
- the Miracle Blanket and Stella (her Angel Dear lovey - the giraffe)
- baths
- being on the changing table

Dislikes:
- life (not always, but a lot of the time)
- tummy time
- the fact that we can't read her mind
- transitions

She's growing a lot, but I don't know her weight. She's getting too long for some of her 0-3, but the 3-6 are still pretty roomy. I went ahead and washed them all, largely because I am tired of her 0-3 month clothes. I wish she had some hair for bows, but I know it will come in sooner or later. I can't wait! Her eyes are still blue, but greyer than Theo's were. I don't think they will stay blue, but her Gramma does.

In spite of her difficulties, we love her so much and are so happy to have her in our family!

1 comment:

  1. She has the sweetest little face! Oh, I wish you lived closer, because I totally babysit those cute kiddos for you guys :) Do I sound like a stalker? I swear, I'm not!

    ReplyDelete