Sunday, January 16, 2011

Love.


He loves her so much. Well, in his own little two year old way. He pats her head really gently and he loves it when she is on the playmat because she's at his level. He always runs to lay down next to her while she kicks around and reminds us to turn on the lights on the playmat (likely because he likes it, but I like to think it's because he knows she likes it). When it's time to change her diaper, he runs in her room and turns on her mobile because it "play song for Loochi." He is also an excellent burp cloth fetcher, whether you need one or not. He brought me 3 today during one feeding. When she cries he says "Loochi sad?" During her first bath when she screamed her head off, he looked at us worriedly and said "up! up! all done!"

I was so worried about him not having a brother. I still really want him to have one. In the meantime, I guess he's teaching me that it's most important he gets to BE a brother. And Lucy gets what I always wanted - a big brother to look out for her. She is one lucky little girl. I am one lucky Mama.

3 comments:

  1. so sweet!! that photo is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! When I think of having another, I worry about traumatizing Ellie (seriously), but then I see things like this and it makes me realize that siblings are a great thing. I loved having my brother around when I was younger - seems like these guys will be good friends. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a sweet brother! I am loving seeing my boys interact and Micah care for Luke. I hope they are (all) always so tender.

    ReplyDelete