Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Meal plan Monday.

Er, Tuesday.

I don't assign days to things, I just sort of do whatever makes sense for that day, but I do plan out a week's worth of meals every week. Then whoever is feeling brave enough to take the kids out does the shopping. My friend Kelsi posts hers and I always appreciate when people do this because I run out of ideas doing this week after week. So, here's what's on tap at Chez Hill this week!

1. Breakfast
2. Italian chicken breasts (baked) w/roasted brussel sprouts
3. Chicken tortilla soup (thanks, Kelsi!)
4. Spaghetti (this is a once a weeker around here because Theo LOVES it and it's an easy way to get veggies in him)
5. Mexican surprise
6. Marinated flank steak, roasted asparagus and baked potatoes (my favorite meal!)
7. Fend for yourself, AKA - Melissa ain't cookin'.

Since I work two days a week, Susan has to make dinner on those nights. Only, I usually plan one or both of those nights as crock pot meals that I put together the night before. So this week, she has the chicken tortilla soup (crock pot, waiting in the fridge for her) and probably Mexican surprise which is easy. One of the many reasons she loves me. :)

So, there you have it. What's for dinner at your house?

2 comments:

  1. Nothing very exciting... (or necessarily healthy)
    1. Homemade pizza
    2. Baked spaghetti
    3. Pot roast
    Luckily both the pot roast and spaghetti provide plentiful leftovers as I am not up for cooking every night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of prepping crock pot meals the night before, something I never did until this week! It was so great to literally just pull it out of the fridge and plug it in. I also just discovered the self timer on my oven this week! I'm like Erica, making some big meals this week to provide leftovers:

    1. Green chicken chili (the crock pot meal) - yummy, and tangy.
    2. Tator tot casserole (tried it for the first time, and my self timed oven last night - both worked great!)
    3. Shepherd's pie - (also a meal I prepped this weekend, froze, and will use with the self timer on the oven.)

    ReplyDelete