Thursday, June 14, 2012

Keepin' it real.

I don't think I have any male readers, but if I do - carry on. You don't want to read this.

The past few days, I have felt pretty annoyed with my new, post-childbearing/nursing body. I used to have nice boobs. Really, I did. I liked them. Now they are saggy and scarred and reside somewhere in my navel region, preferring the southern climate now, I guess. I could live with that as it's not totally unexpected given that I nourished two kids without ever using formula.  It bums me out, but at least there are some good bras out there that get the girls back in the game. What's really got me down is that I now need a diaper when I work out. Jumping jacks or jumping at all makes me pee all over myself. So yeah, that sucks. I haven't sneezed without crossing my legs since Theo was born, but this is a whole new level of demoralizing. Sigh.

The other day as I was dutifully working out with Jillian, I was doing some plyometrics, holding my boobs up because my sports tank was letting me down, with one of Lucy's diapers stuffed in my workout shorts (hey, it was the best I could do in a pinch), and I wanted to cry and just give up. My shoulder needs surgery, my back is permanently damaged, my boobs are saggy and I wet myself. I'm only 34.

But. This morning I got on the scale and I am 9 pounds down. NINE. Many more to go, but one little pound from double digits. And I feel this goes without saying, but my two little babies were absolutely, totally, completely worth every scratch, dent and ding left behind on my body. Saggy boobs, diaper and all, I will keep going.

I also made an appointment with my midwife at the urging of some fellow mama friends. Apparently, there may be a procedure to help the peeing. The midwife who delivered Theo was always my favorite and has since moved on from the birth center to a new hospital based practice. They have office hours in Brier Creek and do well woman care as well as maternity care. So, I have an appointment Monday and if nothing else, it will be wonderful to hug Leigh Ann's neck and show her pictures of Theo.

There you go. Keepin' it real.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! We've been doing Ri30 for over two weeks now. Paul has lost 6 pounds...I've gained 2. I've had some sweet gals tell me it's muscle, but my clothese are still tight and even though I do feel stronger, I know that's not the case. *sigh* I've always said the one good thing about the c-section is that I don't pee when I sneeze ;) Hope they get it figured out and that there's a solution!

    ReplyDelete