Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mama date.

DSC_0188 by MelissaandSusan
DSC_0188, a photo by MelissaandSusan on Flickr.

Oh, this little boy of mine. As first kid, he will have always been with me the longest, always the one I know the best. He's at an age where I want to smother him with kisses one minute and put him in the backyard the next. Susan found out that Super Why was going to be at the science museum and I decided to make it a date with my main man.

We dropped Lucy with Susan after soccer practice and went to meet the big guy. He was shy, but did give Super Why and Woofster a high five. He made a mask and had fun at the museum. Then we went for Jersey Mike's and hit up Trader Joe's. Nothing spectacular, but I treasure time with just him.

Best part? He looked up at me while we were eating and said "I love Mama dates." Me too, buddy. Me too.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's my crazy hormones taking over, but that last part brought tears to my eyes. So very sweet.

    ReplyDelete