Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 9 and pumpkin patching.

We went to the pumpkin patch on Tuesday! It was so much fun. The weather was perfect and because we went on a weekday, the place was pretty empty and we didn't have to wait for anything. The pictures are on Flickr, if you click the widget at the top of the blog, you can check them out. I took Theo down the huge slide, but I don't think he liked it. It was a lot faster than I recall and I thought Lucy might shoot out before we did! We rode the train, played in hay and corn, went on a hayride and grabbed a few pumpkins. All in all, a great day.

As floating baby tells me over there -------> I have 18 more days until my due date. I am saying two weeks, because Theo was early, so I will be shocked if Lucy goes to my due date or beyond. 4 of the 6 babies have been born, including our new nephew, Davis. He's super cute and we can't wait to meet him. My dear friend Jenny is having a c-section on Monday and then I am the last woman standing. I can't wait to meet my girl, especially after seeing all these new babies. Come out, come out, Lucy!!

And for today's blog challenge question:

9. What do you like the most about yourself?
I don't know if I am supposed to answer about a physical trait or a personal quality. Physical trait would be my blue eyes. I have always received compliments on them and it's one thing I think looks good even if it's a totally ugly day. I think people comment on them not necessarily because they are very special, but because my hair is so dark and it makes them stand out. I had hoped Theo's would stay blue, but they didn't. The odds are not favorable for Lucy to have blue eyes, either. Bummer.

Personal quality, hmm. I guess I am a hard worker. I really count my main job as being a stay at home mom, even though I do work outside the home 2 days/week. I always say those two days are my "days off" because my home days are so much longer and harder. Theo gets up around 6:30 these days (yay!!) and I basically don't stop moving until he goes to bed at 7, and even then I am often finishing up a few things. Susan has basically no expectations of me around the house (probably hoping I won't have any of her, either) but I can't stand to just sit around. Cleaning, laundry, meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking, taking care of and teaching Theo, making sure his shoes fit, his clothes in the closet are the right season and fit, finding a preschool, making playdates, etc, etc, is all really hard work. So, I like that I get so much done in a day and usually go to bed feeling pretty accomplished. Oh, and I'm pretty crafty, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment