Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fail.

I went to my appt. on Monday, but she couldn't do a sweep. Ugh. She said I was only 40% effaced, which made my cervix "too thick" for a sweep. She did say I was 2 cm dilated! This was glorious news to me, because after 6 hours of labor with Theo, I arrived at the birth center only 1 cm. So, I'm already starting out further along than last time. Hurray.

So, the next idea was spicy food at PF Changs. Boy, did they deliver. It was so spicy, it was hard to eat. My whole face ran. My nose ran, my eyes watered and my mouth broke out in ulcers. And yet, no baby.

Third up was yesterday at the state fair. I LOVE the state fair. It's my favorite fall activity. I had told Lucy all along to hold out for me to be able to go and I guess she listened. For three hours, I waddled around the fair and indulged in some good old fashioned, clean out the gut fair fare. Got home and my body ached. My feet hurt, my legs hurt and my back was broken. Around 10pm, I was woken up by a hard contraction and got excited. Had 3 more, fell back asleep and that was that. So, fair = fail.

I did have the bloody show this morning (TMI, I know, but I may need this info when I write Lucy's birth story) and feel just overall crappy, but no contractions. So, I came on into work, where I am clearly earning my pay well. Figured if I am going to just be waiting, I might as well be making money. I don't know if I will last all day, but I am hanging in while I can.

So, that's the update. No baby. 7 days from my due date, which is when I went into labor with Theo. I predicted the 20th, Susan the 25th, Gran the 25th and Gramma the 21st (her due date with me, apparently, but note that my birthday is the 12th). Looks like I don't win this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment