Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Days 11 and 12 and baby update.

I had a prenatal appt. yesterday. GBS test was negative, which means no IV needed for delivery, yay! Weight is hovering at about 20 pounds gained, although on our home scale, I lost some weight? Lucy's heartrate was a little slower than usual, but the midwife wasn't worried at all and said she was probably just resting. She still moves around a ton and seems to react most to have her back scratched. We discussed an induction date, something I never thought I would do. They won't do it until I am at least 41 weeks, so it's been set for 11/3 at 8am, just in case. She doesn't think I will need it, but wanted to get on the schedule since fall is a popular time for babies. At least there is an end in sight. She also wants me to be checked on Monday at my next appt. and do a "stretch and sweep", if possible. I'm feeling next week. Still holding onto the 20th as my predicted date. Susan still says the 25th. We'll see!

Here's a quick Theo funny: He's talking so much now and repeating everything. Susan sometimes calls him a "turkey burger with cheese" and he smiles really big and yells "BURGER CHEESE!" He is, undoubtedly, the cutest child I have ever known and I couldn't love him more. I'm so lucky to be his mama.

Here are the blog challenge questions for yesterday and today (my birthday, by the way - 33 years old and moldy!):

11. Are you a lover or a fighter?
Definitely both. I hate fighting but I do it when it's warranted. Mostly social justice kind of stuff. I love and fight from the same place and it's fierce.
12. What would you say your biggest fear is when it comes to relationships?
I don't think I have any. These days I guess I worry that I suck at maintaining friendships because my energy is pulled in so many directions, but I'd say a lot of people feel that way.

4 comments:

  1. So exciting to have a definite end in sight, although it sounds like Lucy is likely to be here even sooner than that!! Thinking of you and wishing for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it's worth, I had my membranes "swept" on a Friday, and went into labor on Monday - less than 48 hours later. I don't know if the two events were related, but Ellie was 5 days early, so I think it helped :) Anxiously waiting for happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is fall really such a popular time for babies? Ugh....

    Um, not that that means anything.

    ;)

    I might need to do some calculating, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is popular, if you count backwards. :) New Years Eve and Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete