Thursday, May 17, 2012

30 Day Challenge, day 25.

Yes, it should be 24. Alas, I got home from Greensboro around 10pm on Tuesday, after having gotten up at 5:45am and spent all day in a conference. I'm committed, but not crazy. I went to bed.

Level 3 is hard. I feel like I can't conquer it because of all the jumping. I mean, I am doing it, but not without tremendous struggle. I have missed only 2 days of 27. I am proud of that. I shouldn't have to miss anymore until the end.

An interesting fact - I think my ab muscles are coming back together. Did you know your stomach muscles separate during pregnancy? Yep. They part like a curtain to let the baby poke out. Afterwards, they should go back together. After Theo, they did. I remember the midwife putting her hand between them and saying I didn't have any space and they were back together at my 6 week check up. Well, I didn't go to my 6 week check up with Lucy (don't judge - at that point in life flying to the moon would have been easier than packing up my toddler, my constantly screaming newborn and post partum body and driving us all to Chapel Hill), so I don't know for sure, but I don't think my muscles went neatly back together the second time around. After I would eat, I could easily poke my stomach out to make it appear I was at least 6 months pregnant. I can't do that anymore. Trust, it still pokes on out, but not as far and I can feel resistance from my muscles now. 18 months later, right???

What's next? Another Jillian video. I still have a long way to go. I like the DVD option. 20 minutes a day is about all the time I have and I like just throwing on whatever and walking downstairs. At this stage of life, that's the only way I can roll.

Oh and Susan's doing it now, too. Day 5 for her!! Yay, us.

1 comment:

  1. My stomach muscles are still parted :( I think it's called Diastasis Recti.) My midwife (I saw a regular OB for delivery, but go to a midwife for regular stuff - I know, weird) said that the muscles had seperated and to keep doing ab/core exercises. I've done that on and off, and well, Ellie is 3.5 and they still aren't back together. Okay, this is not about me - great job to you both!! I am super impressed about working out every single day of the week. That's awesome, and I'm super jealous of your ab muscles! :)

    ReplyDelete