Saturday, April 21, 2012

30 Day challenge, day 1.

1. Shred: Check. Level 1, day 1. I didn't die. I didn't even have to stop.
2. Walk: Check.
3. Water: Check. I have found that keeping a full water bottle around is key.
4. Snacks: Eh, I did ok.
5. Portions: No seconds, so that's good, I guess. Helps that dinner wasn't that good.
6. No eating after 7: Check.
7. Blog: Yep.

What I did well:
The Shred! Working out to a DVD makes me feel like a 1987 housewife, but my kid won't stay in the gym nursery without going into cardiac arrest, so this is what I have to work with. It was hard, but I did it. And Jillian is motivating. For a few reasons. :)

No eating after 7. Susan and I have both been trying to do better at this. We developed a bad habit after Lucy was born of "dessert and coffee" as a reward for surviving the day. We both usually have dessert and then a bowl of cereal after dinner but before bed. We've discovered that the only way to combat this is to go upstairs after the kids are in bed. There's no food up there and we are generally far too lazy to walk down to get anything.

Not so well:
Still combating random eating. A Butterfinger mini here, handful of chips there. Those little handfuls add up!

Keepin' it real:
Two vaginal births less than 2 years apart = peeing on yourself when you do jumping jacks. So, that sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment