Sunday, April 22, 2012

30 day challenge, day 2.

(Yes, I backdated the other two posts)

1. Shred: Check. Level 1, day 2. Not as bad as yesterday. Sore muscles somehow feel better when they are in use.
2. Walk: Check.
3. Water: Not as great as yesterday. I think I will be around 48 oz at bedtime.
4. Snacks: Eh, I did ok.
5. Portions: I had a little bit of seconds tonight. I made a REALLY good dinner. Edamame "fried" rice and sesame chicken. Both were from "skinny" websites, so both very healthy versions of my favorite Chinese food.
6. No eating after 7: Fail. Skinny Cow at 7:45, post Shred.
7. Blog: Yep.

What I did well:
The Shred. Today was a long day in motherhood. It rained, which meant we were stuck inside all day. Theo does not operate at his best when he's bored. He capped the night by spitting ALL OVER the mirror in his bathroom when he was brushing his teeth. I yelled at him. He cried. We did not end the night on a high. After I got him settled, I wanted to sit on the couch and eat a carton of Ben and Jerry's. Instead, I Shredded and ate a Skinny Cow. 45 minutes late, but still a win, I think.

Walking. As I mentioned, today it rained. Normally I would have used this as an excuse to bag the walk. We got a break in the rain late morning and I rushed the kids out (still in PJs) for a walk. A faster pace than usual, since I didn't want to get caught in the rain. So, I was proud of myself for not finding an excuse not to walk.

Not so well:
Random eating. Less than yesterday, but still an issue.

Mothering. Mothering did not go well today.

Keepin' it real:
After I was done Shredding, I realized I had roughly 6 inches of underwear sticking out of the top of my yoga pants. See? This is why working out at home is a good thing. No one but the dog saw it, and he's not telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment